BingAds Allows Facebook Audience Insights for Improved CTR
Wouldn’t it be an amazing development if the salesperson you’ve never had a conversation with at your favorite retail spot already knew what you were looking for before you ever approached them? They could bring you right to your desired purchase without ever having to say hello.
The first and most important step in running a successful campaign is to get a hold of intelligence about your audience before they ever come into contact with your ad. Having the edge on your competition means knowing your customer better than they do. As part of the Bing Ads and You series, Bing Ads delves deeper into the idea of Audience, as the lynchpin of their Marketing Development Cycle, displaying techniques and methods that will have customers enraptured by the first greeting.
Important aspects of the Marketing Development Cycle
- Audience – In order to develop a viable marketing plan, you must understand your customers.
- Content – All content for marketing must be highly relevant to the target audience.
- Campaign – Implement campaigns to foster sales from the targeted audience with the quality content you’ve created.
- Analytics – The performance of the campaigns must be analyzed to gain further knowledge of customers, which will help to create more relevant content and campaigns.
Using Campaign Planner within Bing Ads is a great tool to study customer activities across the Yahoo Bing Network. Bing Ads worked with social media expert, Dayna Moon, who is the Senior Director of Social Media for 3Q Digital, to help suss out audience insights from an advertiser’s Facebook account.
This is what Bing Ads learned from that experience:
- Bing Ads Campaign Planner aids in studying customer activity
Use Bing Ads Campaign Planner to assess the competition for engaging with a particular audience by analyzing potential customers’ activity on the Yahoo Bing Network. The format in which the Campaign Planner presents seasonal trends is perhaps most important, as it uses an easy-to-follow daily/weekly/monthly/annual format for optimal results.
- Apply audience insights to Bing Ads campaigns from Facebook
There are two activities that will allow the collection of audience insights within Facebook:
- There is user interaction with your page on Facebook – Gather general information such as gender distribution, age range, prevalent locations, and languages by searching through the insights/People menu on your Facebook page.
- Users on Facebook have visited your website – From the Audience Insights menu, you can create a custom audience and collect insights on those who have visited your website.
By using both Campaign Planner on Bing Ads and Facebook Audience Insights, the view of potential customers greatly improves. You’ll find out not only who these customers are, but who is more likely to buy your product and during which season. Some companies have little to no seasonal change, while others have great disparity. Some others still, have greater geographical demand. With the Campaign Planner/Facebook Insights combination, it becomes possible to identify the age range of potential customers, as well as which states have higher demand, and track the actual purchasing behavior. Knowing these trends helps create a more captivating marketing plan.